Apples & Grapes – Cocktail of the Week
This week’s cocktail requires some simple early prep, but is incredibly easy to make, and perfect to enjoy as the weather warms up!
Apples & Grapes (Pommes et Raisins) comes courtesy of Courvoisier, one of the top cognac brands in the world.
Cognac is made from grapes, and quite like wine, can have varying flavors and colors dependent on age and quality.
No need to rush through one of these cocktails this week…sip slowly, and enjoy!
- 4 oz. Courvoisier VS cognac
- 1.5 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz. mint syrup (You can purchase this, or make your own by boiling equal parts sugar and water with a generous amount of mint leaves, then let cool!)
- 4 oz. chilled hard apple cider (I like Angry Orchard Crisp Apple for this)
- frozen grapes (to garnish)
- mint sprig (garnish)
Shake the Courvoisier, lime juice, and mint syrup over ice and strain into a pilsner glass. Top with hard cider . Garnish with frozen white grapes and a sprig of fresh mint!