Bon Jovi or Bruce? You Choose [POLL]
It’s the ultimate “Jersey Shore Music Battle.” Bon Jovi or Bruce?
You choose the winner by taking the poll below. But first, let’s take a look at the “Tale of the Tape.”
JON BON JOVI (BON JOVI)
- Formed in 1983 in Sayerville, NJ.
- Have released 11 studio albums, 3 compilation albums and one live album.
- Have sold 130 million records worldwide.
- Have performed more than 2,300 concerts in 50 countries for more than 34 million fans.
- “Slippery When Wet” was the top selling album of 1987 with “Livin’ On A Prayer,” “You Give Love A Bad Name,” and what is considered “The Bon Jovi Nation Anthem,” “Wanted Dead Or Alive.
- The band remained relevant producing albums like 2005′s “Have A Nice Day,” “Lost Highway” in 2007 and most recently “The Circle/Greatest Hits” in 2009.
- Jon and Richie Sambora were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2009.
- On December 12, 2009, Bon Jovi were ranked #9 on Billboard’s Top 25 touring artists of the decade after grossing $419,481,741 from 249 shows, of which 244 were sellouts
- Were nominated for the 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but did not make it.
- A former auto body shop in Red Bank is now a community restaurant, The Jon Bon Jovi Foundation Soul Kitchen Community Restaurant is now open on Monmouth Street.
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (E STREET BAND)
- Formed in 1972 in Monmouth County, NJ.
- Has sold more than 65 million albums in the U.S. and 120 million worldwide.
- Has won 20 Grammy awards.
- Rolling Stone has ranked Bruce as the 23rd Greatest Artist of All Time in its Top 100 list.
- On October 27th, 1975 Bruce appeared on the covers of ‘Newsweek’ and ‘Time’ simultaneously.
- Inducted into the Songwriters and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s in 1999.
- Performed at Super Bowl XLIII.
- Has won Golden Globe, Emmy and Academy Awards.
- A poll shows 22% of Americans would want the Boss to compose a new national anthem.