Cool Day Trips For Your Family This Summer
Wanna try something new instead of the same old thing this summer? Well check out these ideas!
HulaFrog is out with a great list of things to do with your kids. Here are some of them:
– Wolf Watching at Lakota Wolf Preserve in Columbia, N.J. You and your kids can go on a wolf watch in Warren County where you’ll see and listen to packs of Tundra, Timber, and Arctic wolves! Your family will learn about wolf packs, their eating habits, and much more from the people who raised these wolves. You’ll get to watch the wolves play and maybe even howl (from behind a fence).
– Statue of Liberty Harbor Tour: Liberty Park is reopening on July 4th, 2013! Plan a cruise that will let you see the statue, Ellis Island, the World Trade Center, Brooklyn Bridge, and more.
– Visit with 100 Animals at Space Farms in Sussex. Species of North American animals at this zoo and museum include bobcats, tigers and lions, buffalo, hyena, wild ponies, timber wolves, foxes, bears, deer, leopards, monkeys, jaguars, coyotes, llamas, yaks, and snakes. The zoo also has many exotic species from around the world. Plus an animal nursery.
– Be Knighted at the New York Renaissance Faire in Sterling Forest, N.Y. Take your kids back in time to the days of knights, princesses, jousts and duels. Non-stop activity featuring 125 performances and 100 craftspeople on 65 acres. Kids can be made a knight or lady of the realm, join Robin Hood’s Band or participate in the Maypole Dances.
– Canoe or Kayak Through The Piine Barrens, Chatsworth, N.J. Pair up with a parent for a relaxing day paddling down a lazy river. Two per boat…three if you squeeze and select a route from 2 to five hours. Stop at one of the many beaches along the way for a picnic or swim. (You can also do this out of Ocean County in places like Forked River.)
– Valley Shepherd Creamery, Long Valley, NJ. See a real working creamery including sheep being milked and cheese being made. You’ll even get to taste some cheese. The tour is an hour and a half and includes movies on milking, cheese-making and shearing. Walk to the farm house to see hundreds of newborn lambs frolicking. Have a picnic or sit on the farm’s front porch. The creamery sells small chunks of cheese to go with your picnic.
– The Cowtown Rodeo, Pilesgrove, N.J. I LOVE this place!!!!! This is a professional stop on the Rodeo circuit for real cowboys! Saturday nights May through September. Competitions include Bareback Bronco Riding, Calf Roping, Steer Wrestling, Girls Barrel Racing, Brahma Bull Riding and more.
There are more details including days and times, pricing, and details, along with some other great trip ideas at www.hulafrog.com!