Creative Pumpkin Carving Tips
If you want a shot at having the most creative jack-o-lantern in your neighborhood, here is some advice from the experts:
1. Cut the top and a section in the back in one piece. It makes for easier scraping, and it’s easier to put a candle inside.
2. Use dry erase markers instead of Sharpies so that you can corrrect mistakes before you carve your design.
3. Use a cookie cutter and a mallet to hammer out designs in fun cookie cutter shapes.
4. Trace a stencil with a nail or a tack to help with accuracy in your design.
5. Use glow sticks in place of candles for multi-colored jack-o-lanterns.
6. Make holes with a power drill. It makes for a cool Lite-Brite effect.
7. Use glow-in-the-dark paint and masking tape. For those who don’t want to mess with pumpkin guts and knives, use glow-in-the-dark paint and tape to make a one-of-a-kind creation.
8. Try fishnet stockings. Pumpkins look sexy when covered in cool fishnet patterns.
9. Preserve with floor cleaner to keep the inside of the pumpkin from rotting.
10. Give them teeth: Insert plastic teeth for a fun effect.
11. Use your pumpkin as a punch bowl. Hollow it out, put a bowl inside, and fill with your beverage of choice.