Do You Have a Mother’s Day Gift Picked Out Yet?
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 12th, 2013, Don’t be caught empty-handed! Here are some ideas to get you started on a gift idea for your mother or the mother of your children.
I spent some time thinking about ideas, and I thought I’d throw out a list of possibilites, in case you’re clueless as to what she might want:
– Tea Time. Many wonderful tea shops actually have beautiful, hour-long “High Tea”s, complete with silver platters of finger-food and all kinds of amazing tea. A gift card for her to take a friend would go over well! (I received this as a gift one year at Sweet Tease in Manasquan and it was original and fabulous!)
– Deliver a box of cupcakes to her at work from her favorite bakery (maybe along with a bouquet of her favorite flowers) so that she can feel loved in front of her co-workers (and be the office hero if she shares those sweets!)
–How about a custom photo book? If you have hundreds of pictures on your computer, try an online photo service like Snapfish and you’ll be surprised how easy it is to create a photo book with some of her favorite memories of her children. You can also make a custom calendar, coffee mug, blanket, beach bag…just about anything with a special picture or several shots. Even easier, you can take your camera to a photo shop like Motophoto and let them do it for you.
– You can get her a subscription to that magazine she always picks up at the grocery check-out, like People, Better Homes, Fitness, Redbook, or Family Circle.
– You can’t go wrong with jewelry (perhaps earrings or a necklace with her birthstone and that of her kids’, or maybe a watch or bracelet) and you could add a bottle of her favorite fragrance with bath salts, lotions, or perfume, too.
– How about some fancy earbuds? Swarovski even makes some now with crystal bling, and they’re under $25!
– You could get her a pretty new iPad cover or smart phone case.
– CHOCOLATE. From a real chocolate shop. Pick out her favorite kinds and have them boxed up with a bow. NOT just a pre-made box from a store.
– If she doesn’t already have it, how ’bout some electronics like a Kindle Fire or a 60-inch tv? Electronics aren’t just for guys, ya know!
– Gift cards to some of her favorite stores, like Pier One, Bed, Bath & Beyond, or Starbucks, given to her in a thoughtful card that you picked out or a love note that you wrote yourself.
– A day at the spa: mani-pedi, facial, massage, hair, followed by dinner at a nice restaurant. (Make your reservations NOW….Mother’s Day is one of the BUSIEST days in restaurants!)
– Or a coupon book full of things like: a year’s worth of Friday night massages from you, saturday vaccuuming and cooking dinner, etc., as long as you are sure to stick with it! If you don’t think you can make that kind of commitment, try for a month, at least!