Dog Saves His Own Life
A Basset Hound managed to dial the British equivalent of 911 to summon emergency workers to stop him from choking!
George (not pictured), a playful two-year-old, knocked the landline off its perch and got the cord wrapped around his throat when he began pawing madly at the keypad, eventually managing to dial 999. The dispatcher was alarmed at hearing the heavy breathing and strange sounds, so she sent someone out to check.
The police, thinking perhaps a person had collapsed or been attacked, burst into the empty house to find the dog choking in the living room. Someone was able to rip the wire apart in time to save him.
A neighbor says incredibly you could see where George’s paw print was on the phone to dial the emergency number.
The dog’s owner says he usually just chews socks.