Events This Weekend at the Jersey Shore
It’s Labor Day Weekend and there are plenty of ways for you and your family to have fun!
– The Jazz It Up Wine and Jazz Festival takes place Saturday and Sunday from Noon – 5 p.m. at Allaire State Park in Farmingdale. New Jersey’s Largest Wine Festival features live jazz music and wine tasting from over 20 of our stat’e finest wineries. To learn more visit www.newjerseywines.com.
– The Asbury Park Labor Day BBQ (free) is brought to you by the Boys & Girls Club of Monmouth County. It’s the largest community BBQ around: briskit, chicken, beef, pork, scallops, sausage, and more! Plus a mix of all your other festival favorites, including crab cakes, funnel cakes, suasage & peppers, gyros, and more! Dance to 20 live bands playing all kinds of music like jazz, blues, reggae, pop, rock, and more. And there will be a huge children’s area with rides, inflatables, and face painters. Saturday – Monday, Noon – 8 p.m.
– Manasquan Labor Day Party (free): Enjoy the annual Labor Day celebration with a concert on the beach by “Moonlighting” beginning at 7:30 pm, followed by fireworks after dark, on Main Beach in Manasquan Saturday near Gee Gee’s.
– Jenkinson’s Pro Body Boarding Contest: Saturday from 9.am. – 4 p.m. This weekend opens the 2012 USBA Jenks Pro Body Boarding Contest. Come on out and watch the fun!
– Family Fun Day at Monmouth Park is Sunday, Noon – 4 p.m. A great day for the family at the race track. All activities are FREE and include pony rides, face painters, clowns, bounce house, live music. Grandstand admission is $3. Children 12 and under are always admitted free.
– Lakewood BlueClaws Home Game is Sunday, 7 p.m. See the BlueClaws take on the Greensboro Grasshoppers at FirstEnergy Park . Post-game fireworks, plus children 12 and under receive a hot dog, bag of chips, and soda.