Foods That Fight Belly Bloat
Trying to get your stomach a little flatter in time for swimsuit season? Try these six foods!
Check out these tips from Fitness Magazine:
1. Water with lemon. Resist the urge to drop the water when you’re bloated. This is the time you SHOULD be pushing fluids through your system. And lemons can help reduce the amount of salt in your body.
2. Celery. This can help purge your body of toxins, along with cucumber, summer squashes, parsley, and leafy greens.
3. Watermelon. All types of melons are good for you, but watermelon has tons of potassium, is a natural diuretic and contains 92 percent water!
4. Rosemary and Tumeric. Steep one of these in your tea, or use the tumeric to flavor your favorite foods, like rice,
5. Beans and Lentils. Cutting down your sodium and increasing your potassium can reduce bloat almost immediately! Lentils have a lot of fiber for digestion, and potassium-rich foods include white beans, soybeans, and lima beans.
6. Yogurt. Although milk can send lactose-insensitive people into a crazed, gassy mess, yogurt is different. It is pre-digested, so the milk sugar is broken down. Active cultures like acidophilus and lactobacillus are also great for calming your tummy.