Giving Tuesday – How to Volunteer in Monmouth + Ocean
Hopefully you came out of Black Friday unharmed and didn't max out your credit cards on Cyber Monday. Today is a special day because it reminds us of the power of paying it forward, and ever better, it doesn't cost us a dime.
Today is "Giving Tuesday." Giving Tuesday is a movement to create a national day of giving to kick off the "giving season" following Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It celebrates and encourages charitable activities that support non-profit organizations.
In the same way that retail stores take part in Black Friday, we want the giving community to come together for Giving Tuesday.
There are lots of ways you can help.
- Sort books for needy children in Red Bank
- Provide after school or weekend help to children living in transitional living situation in Tinton Falls
- Become a hospice volunteer in Allenwood
- Support caregivers of spouses in Freehold
- Be a crisis hotline/helpline telephone worker in Toms River
- Provide office support for Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Monmouth & Middlesex counties in Asbury Park