Great Family Movies Out Now and Coming Soon
I just took my boys to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3: Dog Days. It was good family fun, especially since both of my boys read the whole series of books. We love the adorable kid who makes wimpy look cool, this time mostly at a pool club. There are also some movies that just came out or are on the way that you might want to put on your list.
– Paranorman (in theaters now), is about a misunderstood boy who takes on ghosts, zombies and grown-ups to save his town from a curse.
–The Odd Life of Timothy Green (in theaters now) is a movie that my boys can’t wait to see (probably tonight, as a matter of fact.) It’s the story of a married couple who can’t wait to start a family. When little Timothy shows up on their doorstep one stormy night, the story begins.
–Finding Nemo 3D (September 14): This classic is now back on the big screen in 3D, with the precious and funny animated fish we all fell in love with. If you have younger children that haven’t been around long enough to have seen it 3,000 times before (lol), then it’ll be fun to go back with them.
– Hotel Transylvania (September 28): I loved the trailor for this one. It’s the story of a five-stake hotel run by Dracula. The resort is a place where monsters and their families can live it up, free from the meddling of the human world. The world’s most famous monsters, like Frankenstein and his bride, the Mummy, the Invisible Man, and a family of werewolves, can kick back in safety and peace. That is, until a human boy stumbles upon the hotel and befriends Dracula’s daughter.
– Frankenweenie (October 5): After a little boy loses his dog, he tries to bring him back to life. And in a similar fashion to Frankenstein, he succeeds.
– Wreck it Ralph (Nov. 2): He’s been the villain in a video game for years and he’s had enough. Tired of being the bad guy, he escapes his game through the power cord and lands in another game, where he helps the game’s hero battle alien invaders. Wreck it Ralph later enters a kart racing game where he learns that the game is faced with a threat that could affect the entire arcade.
– Rise of the Guardians (November 21): A magical adventure that tells the story of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman, and Jack Frost. These immortal Guardians, with their extraordinary abilities, must join forces to protect the hopes, beliefs and imagination of children everywhere when an evil spirit tries to take over the world. I am so looking forward to taking my kids to see this one!
– Monsters Inc, 3D (January 18) : Here’s another family favorite being rereleased in 3D, in case you have younger kids that never got to see it, or if you just think that 3D will make it worth visiting Monstropolis again with your kids (who are quite a bit older than when the movie first came out!)
– Escape from Planet Earth (February 14): An animated comedy that takes you to the planet Baab, where an admired astronaut is a hero to the blue aliens. Scorch Supernova pulls off astonishing feats with the help of his quiet and nerdy brother Gary. But in a turn of events it’s the scrawn Gary who ends up on an adventure to rescue his brother, his family, and his planet.
So enjoy hanging with your kids and hanging out over popcorn!