Here’s What’s Happening at the Jersey Shore
Events for the first official summer weekend, June 21 – 23, 2013!
– Relive Detroit’s glory years on Saturday in Wall township. The Info-Age Museum’s seventh annual Antique, Classic and Historic Car Show takes assembles hundreds of pristinely-kept autos from generations past. Registration is $15 and admission is free in the center at Camp Evans on Marconi Road.
– Splash it up with Shaq at the shore. Shaquille O’Neal arrives at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park on Sunday, promoting Safety at Sea for kids. His Learn to Swim program is a launch event of his Man In The Middle foundation. Click here for more info.
– Asbury Park’s got talent…and a ton of it is on display Saturday at The Wonder Bar. Students of the Lakehouse Music Academy end their semester with a free showcase, performing works by Bruno Mars, Adele, Neon Trees, and more. 4 pm – 7 pm.
– You can help Hometown Heroes help our neighbors recover from Sandy by attending a comedy show this Sunday at Hemingway’s Café. Hemingway’s Café in Seaside Heights.You can get tickets at Hemingways for $30 in advance or $35 at the door or 8 tickets for $200. Doors open at 5:00pm. For details on how you can help Restore the Shore or get help, visit the Hometown Heroes website.
– Belmar Skim Bash: Skimboarders of all ages, from beginners to professionals, gather for this 2-day event to show off their skills and compete for prizes and cash. Spectators are welcome at 18th Ave. beach Saturday and Sunday, 8 am – 5 pm.
– The Great Outdoors Festival: featuring games and activities, live music, camping demos, nature crafts, artwork, story-telling, entertainmet, antique cars, bumper cars, miini golf, boardwalk treats, souvenirs and guided tours through the America Hits the Road exhibition. Explore the woodlands and parks of the great outdoors and check out shore activities and destinations. Brookdale Community College on the Great Lawn, Lincroft, Saturday 11 am – 4 pm. (Free)
– Historic Wedding at Allaire: Celebrate the wedding of James Allaire’s daughter Maria with the Villagers! It’s a historic reenactment and visitors are invited to the ceremony at the beautiful Allaire Chapel. After the ceremony you can join the happy couple in the Village where a wedding reception with wedding cake will be held. Adults and especially kids are invited to join the Villagers in dancing, listening to historic music, eating cake, and celebrating the happy day. Allaire State Park, Sunday, 11 am – 4 pm. $5 parking, admission free.
– Movies on Jenkinsons Beach: Bring a blanket or beach chairs and your family, and head to Jenk’s for a family movie on the beach. Friday at dusk…free!
For more events, check out www.HulaFrog.com.