Here’s What’s Happening This Weekend at the Jersey Shore
Here are some of the great events taking place that you and your family might want to attend the weekend of May 31, June 1&2, 2013!
– The Civil War returns to Allaire Village: Come for a weekend of family fun and history! Meet with soldiers, shop at period stores, witness artillery demonstrations, hear 1860′s music and more! Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm, and Sunday, 10 am – 3 pm, Rt.524, Farmingdale.
– Riverfest: NJ’s largest food and music festival with free admission! May 31 – June 2 at Marine Park in Red Bank. River cruises on the Navesink, handmade crafts and artwork, kid’s rides, games, and activities, Rock the River waterfront stage, tons of food, fantastic bands, and more! Friday 5 pm – 10 pm, Saturday and Sunday 11 am – 10 pm.
– Barnegat Bay Festival: Sunday in Island Heights. Exhibitions and interactive activities from 10 am – 4 pm at the Wanamaker Complex at East End and Van Sant Avenues with free parking and shuttle service to the festival grounds. Free admission. The Liberty Science Center will bring its interactive storm flood model, a native plant sale, a canoe eco-tour (pre-registration required), a pontoon boat ride on the Toms River, learn to fish and crab, and so much more.
– Women’s Car Care Seminar: Free lesson for women on regular car maintenance, how to talk to your mechanic like a pro, and recognizing problems before it’s too late! At Point Pleasant Service Center Saturday, 10 am – Noon, 1208 Bay Ave. Refreshments will be served, goodie bags, and prizes. Register by calling 732-892-8994 or email Plptsc@comcast.net. This is practical advice for busy women!
– Kid’s Breakfast at Freehold Raceway Mall: Join Liz Jeressi and 94.3 The Point Saturday morning from 9 am – 10:30 am in the food court! Lots of prizes, free carousel rides, a little-kids play area, activities and crafts from Nat Geo Wild, breakfast goodies…all for kids ages approximately 1 – 8! And the air conditioning will feel great during this heat wave!!!
– Sandy Castle: Even the President of the United States wanted to stop by Pt. Pleasant’s Boardwalk to meet Ed, who is buiding the world’s largest sand castle for the Guinness Book of World Records. Right across from Jenkinson’s Aquarium, you can also make a donation to Hometown Heroes to help Superstorm Sandy victims. And your kids can be part of the Bucket Brigade and help carry buckets of sand! It’s already beat the world record, and will stand over 50 feet tall when completed very soon!
– Avon Kids Fun Run: Kids ages 2 – 10 get to run Friday, 6 pm, at Norwood and Ocean Ave. Register on the stop for $12.
– River Concert 2013: At Shark River Hills Marina on South Riverside Dr. Concert performers include Steve Forbert, Shark River Hillbillies, and so many more bands, along with food vendors, and more. All proceeds will go directly to the Recovery Along the River Fund benefiting families affected by Superstorm Sandy. For tickets and information, contact Vito at firstname.lastname@example.org or KC Dempsey at email@example.com. The event is Saturday, Noon – 6 pm. Tickets $25 for adults, $10 for kids ages 6 – 12, and kids 5 and under are free.
– Point Pleasant SummerFest: Party with 20,000 others at Community Park. Including more than 20 Jersey Shore restaurants, inflatable rides, crafts and artists, live bands all day on the gazebo stage, and a children’s parade at noon. Saturday, 11 am – 7 pm.
– Gaelfest: An Irish event for the whole family. Gaelic Athletic Games, hurling and Irish football, music all day, kids rides. An Irish Mass, step, ceili and sean nos dancing, crafts, and more. At CBA in Lincroft Saturday, 10 am – 10 pm. $10 admission.