How to Make Green Beer and St. Patrick’s Day Foods
March is a great month. We get that feeling that spring is just around the corner and we celebrate everything St. Patrick. Do you have the green beer ready? Have you ever made green popcorn? We’ll show you how to make everything green for the big day and weekend!
HOW TO MAKE GREEN BEER
- One 12oz. Beer – any beer will do. Most importantly though, lighter colored beers will display the green better
- Green food coloring – one drop. Don’t go too heavy on the food coloring unless you want a green tongue for a week.
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 to 10 drops green food coloring
- Place popcorn in a large roasting pan; keep warm in a 250° oven. Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, water, corn syrup, vinegar and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 260° (hard-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Stir in food coloring. Drizzle over warm popcorn and toss to coat. Cool. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 quarts.
What you’ll need
- Canned refrigerated bread stick dough
- Colored sugar
How to make it
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat it with cooking spray.
- To create the clover shape, mold 3 sections of bread sticks into hearts and press them together as shown. Attach a small stem, decorate, bake according to the package directions, and serve.
EASY GREEN STANDBY’S
– green colored hard-boiled eggs
– pistachio pudding
– lime Jello
– candied mint leaves
– green M&Ms, Skittles, and Sweet Tarts
– Kool-Aid and Gatorade
– mint chocolate chip ice cream
– lime yogurt
– green fruit snacks and rolls