How To Navigate the Eating Season
Holiday meals and parties are approaching. Thanks to Yahoo! Shine, here are some unusual ways to keep from packing on the pounds:
- Sniff a banana, apple, or peppermint –researchers say the more you sniff, the less hungry you are.
- Hang a mirror opposite your seat at the table — a study says eating in front of mirrors slashes the amount you eat by nearly a third.
- Surround yourself with blue — the color blue functions as an appetite suppressant (red, yellow and orange encourage eating.)
- Shoot your food — rather than writing down your food intake in a journal, take a picture of it. Weight loss experts have found that seeing a record of all your food helps you curb your intake.
- Tie yourself up — many French women wear a ribbon around their waist underneath their clothes when they go out to a dinner party. It gets them to pay special attention to eating when the ribbon feels tighter as the evening goes on.