How to Send Christmas Cards to Military Members – 2018 Holidays
While you're signing your Christmas cards, consider sending a few to the brave men and women serving in the Military. Military Missions is the best way to send seasons greetings to those who likely won't be home for the holidays.
Military Missions suggests the following:
- Buy a box of greeting cards, write a short note of encouragement to our troops and send them to us to be included in our packages.
- Fold a piece of paper in half and make your own card. We would love for schools, churches, and clubs to have their children spend a few minutes making cards.
- Write personal letters that can be included in the packages. A great way to start your letter is “Dear Service Member” or “Dear Friend”.
Card & letter writing tips:
- Be positive and upbeat
- Be thankful
- Feel free to share a little info about yourself like hobbies, pets, etc
- Talk about things happening around home like the weather, sports, etc
- They love your drawings but avoid using glitter (they can actually get in trouble)
- Do not discuss inappropriate things
- Avoid politics or political statements
- Avoid lengthy religious discussions but saying you are praying for them is great
Please mail cards to the following address:
Military Missions Inc.
3650 Boston Rd., Suite 138,
Lexington, KY 40514.
Interested in sending a gift, or care package? Please visit Military Missions' website.
More from 94.3 The Point!