How to Take Care of Your Face in the Cold Weather
Here are some tips for pampering your skin this time of year.
Check out this advice:
1. Switch moisturizers. During the colder months, wind, cold air, and heat from radiators can really dry out and chap your skin. Switch to a more hydrating formula for winter and moisturize regularly.
2. Use a sulfate-free cleanser to clean your skin without stripping moisture away.
3. Exfoliate. Breakouts increase in the fall because cool air results in dull, dry skin that traps oil and bacteria. Exfoliating will help remove dry, dead skin as well as unclog pores.
4. Skip the toner. If your toner is alcohol based, your skin will dry out. Stop using it for the winter.
5. Use face oil if your skin is really flaky. Replace moisturizing with a face oil to combat dry, flaky winter skin.
6. Keep wearing sunscreen. Even in the fall and winter it is important to keep your skin protected from the sun with an SPF 15 or better.
7. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!