According to several sources on the scene at Ocean County Mall, an electrical fire is being worked on at Ocean County Mall.

UPDATE (8:58PM) Toms River Police Chief Mitch Little told Jersey Shore Online

a smoke condition caused by some water that got into some electrical system. The area was evacuated with no issues and no significant damage I believe.

The mall posted this on their Facebook page.

Onlookers took pictures of the fire being worked on. Many are speculating that a lightning strike started the fire, but nothing has been confirmed by the Mall or the Toms River Fire Department.

This is a developing story. Check back for more details.

Sign Up For The Point Newsletter

Get more Jersey Shore stories like this in your inbox!