Signs Someone Is Lying
Some people are skilled at hiding their deceptions, but UCLA psychology professors have established some unintentional patterns liars tend to submit to. The professors have identified "tells" that can help you spot lies.
Here are some of the signs researchers say indicate dishonesty:
1. Twirling their hair when asked tough questions, or pressing their lips together.
2. Giving as little information as possible when questioned, yet offering unasked-for justifications of their statements.
3. Repeating questions they are asked so that they can buy more time to come up with a lie as their response.
4. Unable to look you in the eyes when answering a question.
5. Using fragmented sentences more often than usual.