The Worst Kid’s Meals
Whether you’re heading out on vacation and will be dining out, or just need a break from cooking, you might want to know what’s in some of those restaurant Kid’s Meal’s.
According to www.Minitime.com, here are the five worst kids meals:
1. Denny’s Inside Out Grilled Cheese with French Fries. It packs 970 calories and 59 grams of fat. A better choice: the spaghetti with marinara which has just 270 calories and 6 grams of fat.
2. Chili’s Pepperoni Pizza with Cinnamon Apples. The pizza has 750 calories and 38 grams of fat, while the apples have 270 calories and 11 grams of fat. A better choice: the 230 calorie corndog and a side of either broccoli, pineapple, or celery with low-fat ranch.
3. Dairy Queen Chicken Strips with Ranch, Fries, Arctic Rush and Dilly Bar. 1,030 calories! The better option: ditch the ranch dressing to get rid of 230 calories and 20 grams of fat, add a banana, and pass on the Arctic Rush slushy to bring the grand total down to 620 calories.
4. Applebee’s Two Mini Cheeseburgers with Fries and Chocolate Milk. This meal contains an entire day’s worth of calories for your kid at 1,360! Instead go for the grilled chicken sandwich or kid’s steak with steamed broccoli or applesauce.
5. Friendly’s Cheese Quesadilla with Strawberry Milk and a Friend-z Butterfinger Sundae. The quesadilla alone packs 890 calories and 60 grams of fat. The strawberry milk is 350 calories and the sunday is over 800 calories. A better option: the mac ‘n’ cheese with mandarin oranges for 390 calories and a hot fudge sundae for 330 calories.