Things Every Man Should Know How To Do
Does your guy know how to do all of these things? Do you wish he did?
Esquire magazine says every man should know how to do all of the following…by the age of 21! I know some adult men that can’t do all of this stuff, lol!
1. Learn to tie a tie. This shouldn’t be too difficult a task…learn how to tie a classic tie, bow tie, and even a pocket square for when you need to dress up.
2. Wear the right amount of cologne or body spray. Shower, towel off, spray (not too much!) and get dressed.
3. Build a fire. If you were an Eagle Scout you may have learned this. And go the extra mile and learn to marinate a piece of meat and light a grill, too!
4. Know how to take care of a hungover woman. Make sure you know what makes her feel better, whether it’s coconut water, take-out from her favorite restaurant, or cuddling on the couch with her watching a romantic comedy, and have it all ready.
5. Ask a woman on a date. None of this “Wanna meet me at the bar and hang out with my friends?” Know that you should say something nice, more along the lines of “It was great to see you the other day. Would you like to get drinks together on Friday?”
6. Enjoy the company of older people. Wiser men know how to do more than just tell war stories…they can give you advice on fashion and how to look and be sharp!
7. The more time you spend talking about yourself and how great you are, the less great you seem. It’s the humble, quiet ones that can be the most impressive.
8. Ironing in general. Dress shirts almost always need a once-over, and most clothing items look better pressed than just thrown in the dryer.
9. Crack open your car manual…and actually read it. Knowing how to change your oil, headlights, or spark plugs is something a guy should know how to do…but at the very least, you should know the details on how your car functions.
10. Be a thoughtful giver. Keep mental notes about what the woman in your life likes so that you can buy it when you want to give her a gift. Or, better yet, buy it as soon as you can sneak back to the store after she reacts to liking something, then keep it for the day that you want to give her a gift. Get to know what she likes in terms of everything in her life, from jewelry, to clothing, to how she decorates and what she likes in her kitchen.