Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
There are some great things going on this weekend…many in honor of Moms or free to moms for Mother’s Day!
Events for Friday, May 10 through Sun., May 12, 2013:
– The Moms Rock Run 2013 (Saturday morning beginning 8:30 am) is a way to tell mom that she rocks! A kids fun run will be held, followed by a 5K. All of the festivities, including some shopping, Zumba to help you and your kids warm up, medals for the kids, champagne vouchers for mom, a bbq post-race, and The Point’s music with Liz Jeressi giving you a chance to win Beyonce tickets and other prizes at the start/finish line from 8:30 – 10:30 am. Sign up now or come see us at the intersection of rt. 71 and Stockton Lake Blvd near the Elk’s Club!
– Moms get in FREE at two locations: Visit all of the ‘mom-animals’ and more at Jenkinson’s Aquarium on Mother’s Day. Moms get in free. And Moms also get free admission on Mother’s Day at Tuckerton Seaport from 10 – 3 pm, entrance is on rt. 9
– Allaire Village’s Grand Opening Festival is Saturday, Noon – 9 pm. A day filled with activities, performances, and historic demonstrations. Also a Market Auction and Evening Illumination Tour. And a 19th Century Allaire Village Fleur Aventure will take place at 2 pm in front of the General Store with donated flower arrangements from local florists. There will be professional and amateur contests! Admission is $5, children under 6 are free.
– The Ladies Auxiliary of the Herbertsville Fire Co. is hosting an indoor flea market on Saturday from 9 am – 3 pm.Food will be available for purchase, too.
– In Seaside on Sunday, the mayor and his borough coucil members will be passing out free Mother’s Day carnations to all moms who take a stroll on their new boardwalk. Bring the family at noon.
– Sound of Music at the Algonquin Theatre in Manasquan. Opening Night is tonight (Friday), with a second performance tomorrow night and shows next weekend, too. Prices range from $18 – $33. Check ticket availability.
– Habitat Homes for Hope 5K Walk/Run. Proceeds to benefit the Sandy Rebuilding Effort and construction of two homes for Monmouth County families. A great family-friendly event. At Monmouth University, Sunday, 9 am, Fee is $25.
– The InfoAge Museum is Open at Camp Evans in Wall, which was once the 1914 Marconi Belmar Trans-Atlantic Wireless station (my son did a great NJ book report on this!), which played an important role in W.W.I Trans-Atlantic communications. It was also a cold war technology site, a nuclear weapons research site, the birthplace of satellite-based hurricane tracking, a pre-NASA space research site, and more! Open Sunday, 1 pm – 5 pm, FREE.
For more information from HulaFrog on other fantastic events, click here.