Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Outdoor Movies! Musicals! Flea markets! Festivals! Here’s what’s happening in our area this weekend (Friday, Aug. 9 through Sun. Aug 11, 2013):
– Brielle Boy Scout Troop 63 invites you and your family to Scout Movie Night, an evening of music, food, and a movie under the stars tonight. It starts at 6 pm in the Brielle Park on Union Lane in Brielle. Start off by dining picnic style with their ‘cooked to order’ concession stand (hamburgers, hot dogs, cold beverages, popcorn, candy, and ice cream from HOFFMAN’S!) While you dine before the movie, enjoy the Project P.A.C.K.M.A.N. band performing music for all ages by young local musicians.The movie is the digitally re-mastered E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Admission is FREE. Bring your lawn chair and blanket show support for the local boy scouts! For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The Wizard of Oz at the Algonquin Arts Theatre on Main Street in Manasquan tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday. (Tonight, the 9th, 7:30 pm, Saturday the 10th –during the MANASQUAN ICE CREAM FESTIVAL!!– at 1:30 pm, and sunday Aug. 11, 3 pm). Call 732-528-9211 for tickets or click here.
– Snap up some midsummer bargains and show your support for Allaire Village. The Aug. 10th Flea Market features new, used and collectable treasures from more than a hundred vendors. Each $5 parking fee supports programs at the nonprofit Historic Village in Allaire State Park in Farmingdale, Rt. 524 in Allaire State Park.
– Shrek the Musical is in its last weekend, an all-kids production put together by the Brick Childrens Community Theatre. Tonight and tomorrow night, Aug. 9th and 10th, at 7:30 pm at Brick Township High School.
– Belmar Kids Chase, Belmar Celebrity Chase, and Belmar 5K Chase all take place this weekend. Tonight is the Kid’s Chase on the beach at 6th Ave, followed by the Celebrity Olympians ‘chasing’ local officials and celebrities tomorrow morning starting on Ocean Avenue and then the regular 5K. For details, click here.
– Manasquan Big Sea Day. Activities include a sand castle contest, surfing, body surfing, pie eating contests and fishing contests. Exhibits of local art and so much more on the Manasquan beach front Saturday, 7 am – 5 pm.
– Boogie Board Races in Ocean Grove. Registration is at 11 am on Saturday, races begin at Noon at North End Beach at the Seaview Ave. Beach entrance.
– Avon Street Fair includes activities, entertainment for kids of all ages, burgers, hot dogs, soda, beer, and more. children’s ticket price is for those under 21. All proceeds benefit the Avon-by-the-Sea Environmental Commission. Norwood & Third Avenues, Saturday, 5 pm – 9 pm. Adults $45, Kids $5.
– Ocean Township Italian Festival, a four day event that attracts over 80,000 each year with traditional foods and wholesome family fun at Joe Palaia Park.
For more events and details, click here.