Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
This is the last weekend of summer…get out there and enjoy it! Here’s what’s happening Fri. Sept. 20 – Sun. Sept. 22, 2013:
– This Saturday Lou will be a driver in a harness race at Freehold Raceway as part of the Open Space Pace. The Open Space Pace is a full day of fun in Freehold that kicks off with a parade through downtown Freehold, a day of harness racing and an unbelievable concert. As for Lou’s race, he will be going head to head against Ray Rossi, from our sister station New Jersey 101.5. The Open Space Pace is dedicated to the preservation and protection of open space in New Jersey. Their goal is to rejuvenate NJ’s harness racing industry while preserving open space. Visit the Open Space Pace website to get all the information. Lou’s race will take place around 3pm, but there is great fun for the whole family all day long!
– Teen and Tween Night tonight at the Algonquin Theater on Main Street in Manasquan. My son has taken part in this before and had such fun! It’s a series of FREE improv classes on select Fridays from 7 – 9 pm. Send them to one or all of the sessions offered!
– Five Mile run in Howell, Saturday to benefit 24/7 — the Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Hotline. The 5 mile run begins at 9:30 am, the one mile run for children under 12 starts at 9:15 am, and the one mile health/fitness walk begins at 9 am. all are welcome. Begins at the Elks club behind Quail Creek Shopping Center (Ramtown Greenville Road). The course is a paved road with a 5 mile loop around Ramtown, with some rolling hills. To register in advance, click here and follow to the funraisers link. You can also call 732-240-6104 for more info, or email email@example.com.
– In Lakewood this weekend at First Energy Park, check out your favorite watercraft at the Jersey Shore Boat Sale and Expo. Hundreds of current models and the new 2014s will be on display. Plenty of vendors. Click here for details.
– MudManX is Saturday at the beach in Belmar. Thousands will attempt to conquer more than 25 extreme obstacles, followed by an all-day beach party and music festival. Eat, drink, and dance to great live reggae and island jams. Play beach volleyball or compete in one of many contests for cash prizes. fun for the whole family, and plenty of fun for your little daredevils, too! 9 am – 5 pm…FREE!
– Lakewood Renaissance Faire. Witness knights in full armor jousting on charging horses, stroll through the medieval village among 50 or more guildsmen, food and drinks and plenty of merchants on hand at Pine Park Saturday and Sunday from 10 am – 6 pm. Adults $10, Kids 6 – 12- $1, Kids under 6 free.
– Festival of the Sea in Point Pleasant Beach. Live entertainment, food and craft vendors galore, tons of family activities, including games and pony rides, as well as a wine and beer garden. Arnold and Bay Avenues, Saturday, 10 am – 7 pm. FREE.
– Brits on the Beach in Ocean Grove. View 130 British cars in the Main Avenue business district. Music, raffles, and family fun. Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm. FREE.
– Ocean Township Fall Fest at Joe Palaia Park on Whalepond and Deal roads in Oakhurst. Crafts, pumpkin painting, great food, hay rides, popcorn, spin art, clowns, fire truck rides, music, and more. Saturday, 11 am – 3 pm.
– The cars are Back in Asbury with over 100 classic cars on Lake Ave. Live music, craft beer from local favorite Kane Brewery. On West Lake Ave, Saturday, 1 pm – 5 pm.
– Classic Longboard Surfing Contest. Watch the surfers riding the waves at Inlet Beach in Manasquan, Sunday, 9 am – 3 pm.
– Sleeping Beauty, the Musical. Princess Aurora, an evil fairy, 100 years of sleep, a kiss from a prince…fairies and the King…a magical original musical at Jersey Shore Arts Center in Ocean Grove Sunday at 3 pm. $10.
For more details on some of these events, or to find more great events, click here.