Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
There’s plenty of fun stuff for you and your family in Monmouth and Ocean Counties this Friday through Sunday, Sept. 27th – 29th, 2013!
– Ocean County’s 31st Annual Decoy and Gunning Show. Skilled craftsmen in the Barnegat Bay tradition display their talents this weekend in Tuckerton. Featuring collectibles, hunting services, a dozen contests, and the NJ Duck-Calling Championship! Admission and shuttle buses to Tip Seaman Park and Tuckerton Seaport are FREE.
– The Monmouth County Park System’s Annual Harvest Home Festival this Sunday in Holmdel. Enjoy outdoor family fun the way it was in the 1890s at Historic Longstreet Farm. Bring the whole family to this day-long country fair and meet old neighbors and new friends.
–1830s Fall Harvest Festival at Allaire Village.Saturday, Noon – 4 pm. Admission $5 for adults, $3 for children. Celebrate the season with the villagers and join in for cider pressing, apple toss, militia demonstrations, horse and wagon rides (for a fee), children’s games, and more. Fun for the whole family. 732-919-3500.
– The Annual Beer on the Pier beer tasting event is this Saturday in Belmar at Rt. 35 and K Street. The craft beer festival will feature over 40 labels, with two sessions running from 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm and 4 pm – 7 pm. Tickets are $35 in advance and $40 the day of the event and are available by clicking here. Proceeds go to the Belmar Relief Fund. Food provided by 9th Ave. Pier. Free parking.
– National Alpaca Farm Days at Arrow Acres Farm, 2021 Bentz Road in Wall this weekend. Meet the farm’s herd of Alpacas…including a brand new baby Alpaca born at the farm just two weeks ago! Shop around the farm store and see all the things made from Alpaca fur. Saturday and Sunday, 10 am – 4 pm.
– Wall Township’s 12th Annual Kids Day America is Saturday, 10 am – 2 pm, at the Wall Municipal Building Courtyard on Allaire Road. Tons of family fun on this special day dedicated to children’s health, safety, environmental awareness and prevention in our community. Children’s dance and karate demonstrations, music, food vendors, goodies and giveaways, moonwalk and petting zoo, and clowns, too. FREE.
– Ghosts and Legends Downtown Tour on Friday night (8 pm – 9:30 pm) tells you about Asbury Park’s haunted history. It’s a lantern-led exploration of secrets of the shore with a walk through Asbury’s downtown as you travel back to the birth of the city and it’s notorious ghosts. The 90-minute tour departs from the Paranormal Books & Curiosities shop and is suitable for ghost-hunters of all ages. Wear walking shoes! Adults $12, Children under ten $6.
– Sea Girt Lighthouse Tours this Sunday, 9 am – 3 pm. Explore every room including the top of the tower. Exhibits of the history of the lighthouse, its keepers and coast guardsmen who operated this landmark, along with photos and artifacts from the Morro Castle — the cruise ship that burned offshore in 1934.