Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Here’s what’s happening in Monmouth and Ocean Counties this weekend, Friday, Oct. 4th through Sunday, Oct. 6th, 2013:
– Kid’s Breakfast at Freehold Raceway Mall: Join Liz Jeressi from 9 am – 10:30 am in the Food Court for crafts, games, prizes, free carousel rides, and some breakfast goodies (while supplies last…so get there early!). Some fun Halloween prizes will be up for grabs! A great way to start your weekend and watch the kids run around and play with new friends. Best of all, it’s FREE!!!
– Help Build The Tallest Sandcastle: Ed Jarret is setting the Guinness World Record by building the tallest sandcastle on the beach near Jenkinson’s Aquarium on Pt. Pleasant Beach and you and your kids are invited to help scoop up buckets of sand and pile them on! Stop by this weekend. Click here for more information. While you’re there, head into Jenkinson’s Aquarium with your little ones for a theme about bats with activities, games and crafts Saturday afternoon…and to help make bats less mysterious and misundestood to your kids! 1 pm – 4 pm., with Aquarium admission.
– Seaside Heights Volunteer Fire Company Centennial Celebration: A festival and parade Saturday with activities and fun for all ages, food, music, and more. 11 am – 5 pm at the firehouse on Sherman and Sheridan Avenues.
– The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Get ready for Halloween with one of the spookiest stories in American folklore. It’s Neil Hartley’s annual reading at Allaire Village (Allaire State Park) Friday and Saturday at 7:30 pm in the Allaire Chapel. This interactive re-telling of Washington Irving’s classic tale is selling out quickly.Tickets are $15, Advanced purchase recommended. For ticket information, click here. Or call 732-919-3500 for details.
– Silverton Fire Company Fall Festival: Join volunteers in Toms River on Saturday. Antique engines, motorcycles, kiddie games, music, refreshments, and someone will win a new Harley. FREE at the firehouse on Kettle Creek Road.
– The Full Monty: This is the last call to see this Broadway musical locally, at the Algonquin Arts Theatre on Main Street in Manasquan. Performances are Friday through Sunday. Prices range from $29 – $36, less for students and seniors. For ticket info, or to purchase tickets, click here. Or call 732-528-9211.
– Chowderfest is this Sunday on LBI. A free Merchant Mart is Saturday, with the chowder and chowder cook-off classic, where area restaurants get to compete for bragging rights, on Sunday.
– Walk of Terror: A night of chills at Camp Evans Base of Terror in Wall at the Township’s former military base. Walk along a super scary path through areas never before seen by the public. This year the “Butcher” returns as well as the “Mad Scientist” and beware of “The Swamp” because you never know what is lurking there. The mad tech geniuses will test your sanity at the Info-Age Science Center, then stay for Behind-the-Wall Paranormal. Click here for details. Due to the frightening and gory nature, this attraction is not recommended for kids under 8. Friday, 7 pm – 11 pm. $12.50 per person, or $10 per person for groups of ten or more.
– Walk to Cure Diabetes this Sunday at 9 am at the Seaside Heights Boardwalk, brought to you by JDRF to find a cure for diabetes and to help improve the lives of everybody young and old that suffers from diabetes. There is a full day of events for families including the 5K walk to raise money for research and to find a cure. Look for the tents and balloons. For more info, click here.
– NJ Zombie Walk in Asbury Park. Come out with your family and friends and help to once again set the Guiness World Record for the largest gathering of Zombies! You can get to the boardwalk in Asbury beginning as early as 10 am and have your zombie makeup done for a nominal fee if you don’t want to do it yourself. Or just come out to hang at the beach and watch the zombies with all kinds of festivities at the Undead Festival and at the Bizarre Bazaar at the Stone Pony, and to watch (or walk in) the Zombie Walk in the afternoon. Click here for all the gory details! FREE.