Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Here’s what’s happening in Monmouth and Ocean Counties this weekend, Oct. 11th – 13th, 2013:
– Calling all Ghostlets: Experience Halloween the 19th Century way. All Hallow’s Eve takes place Saturday in the Historic Village at Allaire State Park. A costume parade, pumpkin painting, wagon rides, hearth cooking and more on the schedule. Admission is five dollars each, free for kids under six, in the park in Farmingdale. Pick up your pumpkin candle and more at the gift shop too! And, for the adults, it’s An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe this Friday and Saturday at the Historic Chapel. Limited seating available. Call 732-919-3500.
– The Sixth Annual Wounded Warriors event comes to Jackson Township Saturday to honor the brave men and women who fought to protect our freedoms. Dozens of veterans from several battles who were able to return home but who were left with with visible reminders will be there. The mayor says a full contingent of police, fire, EMS and motorcycle groups will escort them from town hall to the club’s range. To watch the parade, honor our soldiers (both active and veterans) and cheer them on, you’re urged to get there early to see the motorcade, which begins at 9. Once the motorcade is complete, there will be free food donated by local businesses. Brought to you by the Centeral Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club, the parade runs from Town Hall on West Veterans Highway to the club’s range on Stump Tavern Road.
– Matawan Day Food Festival: Main Street Saturday, Noon – 5 pm, International food vendors, creative crafters, live entertainment and more, including FREE rides for the kids. An exciting, FREE day for all. And for the seafood lovers, a grand raw bar and lobster rolls from Peter’s Fishery. MJ’s will be serving succulent dishes and beer and wine for the adults. (Rain date is Sunday, Noon – 5pm) Call 732-414-8818.
– Casino Night at Doolan’s Shore Club in Spring Lake is tonight at 7 pm. Tickets available at the door, tons of prizes, gaming, and fun. Click here for details!
– Columbus Day Parade and Festival: All weekend long starting Friday in Seaside…amazing food and fun for the whole family! Click here for all the juicy details!
– Bowlling, Motorcycle, and Car Show for a great cause: At The Lanes at Sea Girt Saturday from 3 pm – 7 pm to raise money for a great cause. Click here for details!