Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Here’s what’s happening this weekend (Nov. 1st – 3rd, 2013) in Monmouth and Ocean Counties:
– Allaire Village’s Annual Stocking Stuffer Sale: Start your holiday shopping early! The Allaire Auxiliary has been hard at work hand crafting holiday ornaments, stocking stuffers and other great gifts. Each item is unique. It takes place Friday and Saturday, 10 am – 3 pm, and Sunday, Noon – 3 pm at Allaire State Park in the Multi-Purpose Building of Allaire Village. While you’re there, stop by the General Store, selling Old-World christmas ornaments, local history books, and hand-crafted Allaire items.
– Celebrate the Jersey Devil Saturday in Waretown. The creature is the centerpiece of Albert Music Hall’s ‘Legend of the Jersey Devil’ Concert. Five Pinelands Bluegrass bands start striking up at 7:30. Click here for details.
– Ladies, lace up and hit the Long Branch boardwalk Saturday. The five mile Beauty and the Beach run-walk raises funds for underprivileged children in Monmouth County and in Haiti. There’s also a Shopping Expo at the finish line in Pier Village. Click here for details.
– Free Improv Class for Your Teens and Tweens Friday night, 7 – 9 pm, for those ages 9 and up. Kids will have fun trying out their acting and improv skills and there will be much laughter! Algonquin Arts Theater on Main Street in Manasquan. For more info, click here.
– Art for Kids, Saturdays at Kids Art Studio from 11 am – Noon. Each class is small so students get instruction tailored to their own abilities and progression. Ages 5 and up. Beginners welcome. Sea Girt. Fee: $20. Click here for more info.
– Help make a difference by joining the American Heart Association Shoreline Walk on Sunday at Monmouth Battlefield State Park in Manalapan. It starts at 8:30am. More than a million people in over 300 cities will participate in this amazing event. Get all the info by visiting the American Heart Association event page.
– Kid’s Breakfast at Freehold Raceway Mall Saturday from 9 am – 10:30 am, with FREE carousel rides until 11 am. FREE fun, prizes, snacks, crafts, games, and a chance for kids ages (approximately) 1 – 9 yrs. old to get together to have fun, and for parents to relax and enjoy watching and socializing with other parents! A great way to start your weekend…in the Food Court. Liz Jeressi hosts.
– Women’s Expo at the Collins Arena at Brookdale Community College. Everything a woman could want will be featured! This includes 150 exhibitors like artisans, jewelers, home party employment opportunities (Pink Zebra, Lea Sophia, etc.), psychics, health and wellness from Meridian Health, fashion shows both days at 3 pm, cooking demonstrations both days at 2 pm The event takes place Saturday 11 am – 6 pm and Sunday 11 am – 5 pm.