Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Here’s what’s happening in Monmouth and Ocean Counties this weekend, Feb. 14th – 16th, 2014. From theater to flower shows to historic reenactments to getting your kids on stage, there are some great things going on in our area!
– The Manasquan Women’s Club presents the play “Love Letters” performed by Nine theatricals. The show is Saturday at 8 pm and Sunday at 2 pm at the Women’s Club, 62 Main Street in Manasquan. Free parking and free admission with a non-perishable donation to the Manasquan Food Bank.
– Kidsfest is coming to iPlay America March 2nd, but right now you can find out how to sign up your kids to perform at the event in Freehold and possibly win a great prize! For details, CLICK HERE!
– NJ Flower & Garden Show takes place all weekend…a great way to think spring during this cold winter. It’s held at the NJ Convention Center in Edison Friday and Saturday, 10 am – 8 pm, and Sunday 10 – 6. For tickets and details, CLICK HERE!
–A great antidote for a cold winter: some hot fiddle, guitar and banjo Sunday in Little Silver. The Bluegrass and Old-Time Music Association stage show at Embury United Methodist Church features Piney Blues, Past Times, County Kings, Church Street Revival and Chris Turner with Steel Rail Blues. CLICK HERE for details.
– Take a trip back to a time when America commemorated only one president in February. The Historic Village at Allaire marks George Washington’s birthday this Sunday. The Ironworks Militia leads the procession to James Allaire’s mansion. The village is in Allaire State Park in Farmingdale. CLICK HERE for details.
– She can’t stay away from Pink cupcakes…and ends up with Pinkitis, turning a rosy color from head to toe. That’s only the start of the predicaments in Pinkalicious The Musical, at the Strand Theater in Lakewood this Sunday. CLICK HERE for ticket details.