Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Great ideas for you and your family this weekend, Friday – Sunday, May 9th – 11th, 2014:
– Mom’s Day 5K kicks off on Stockton Lake Boulevard and Rt 71 at the Elks Club in Manasquan starting at 8 am Saturday. Stop by the Point table for your chance to win lottery tickets, gift certificates, and more, and enter to win a pair of tickets to see Katy Perry! Kid’s races, dads-in-heels races, and the 5K. For more info, CLICK HERE.
– Mary’s Place by the Sea Walk-A-Thon in Ocean Grove starts at Noon on Saturday. Prizes, awards, and more. Stop by the Point table for your chance to win family four-packs of tickets to see the Lakewood Blueclaws and more. For more info and to register, CLICK HERE.
– Mary Jodry’s Birthday Fundraiser for Kids with Cancer takes place Friday, 2 pm – 6 pm, on the boardwalk in Asbury Park in front of Silver Ball Museum. Mary will sing, there will be a DJ, and the Silverball Arcade will be open. For details, CLICK HERE.
– 13 The Musical at the Algonquin Arts Theatre. Composer/lyricist’s Jason Robert Brown’s rollicking new novel-based Broadway musical. Evan Goldman is two months from turning 13 years old, living happily in New York City, when his world is turned upside down by his parents’ divorce and now is forced to move to a small town in the Midwest. Facing a new life in a new place of customs and culture, Evan has to make choices about who he wants to be versus who he really is and see if he can make it through the challenges without losing the best friends he’ll ever have. 13: This production features The Algonquin Youth Ensemble.Grades 4 and up – 75 minutes – $9.00. Friday and Saturday night, 7 pm. For tickets or more information, CLICK HERE.
– FREE Air Show at the joing base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst Saturday and Sunday in Burlington County. Featuring the Thunderbirds, the US Army Golden Knights, a wing-walker filming for a new reality show, many military planes on display and more. FREE parking and shuttle service…bring earplugs for the kids! For details, maps, and a schedule of events, CLICK HERE.
– Late Spring Flea Market at the Historic Village at Allaire, 4263 Atlantic Avenue, Farmingdale, Saturday, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. Cost is $1 per person, kids under 12 are free. Rain date is Sunday. For details, CLICK HERE.