Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Fun events in Monmouth and Ocean Counties this weekend, May 16 – 18, 2014!
–The Wizard of Oz Sing-a-Long will take place Friday evening in Bradley Beach. Fun for your family and friends. Dress up as your favorite Oz character, watch the movie and sing the songs. FREE! Doors open at 5:15pm, costume parade at 5:30, movie starts at 6pm (running time 100 minutes). Biasi Community Center, 719 Main St. CLICK HERE for more info or call the library at 732-776-2995. This is the first event of the ‘Movies with the Mayor’ series.
– Bar A’s Award Winning Happy Hour with The Point Crew. Enjoy great deals on drinks and prizes including lottery tickets and gift cards. You can also enter your office for a ‘Grab Your Buds’ Bar A Happy Hour for you and your friends. It starts at 4 pm at Bar A in Lake Como and The Point will be there from 6 pm – 8 pm.
– Hands Across the Sand in Bradley Beach is Saturday. All are invited, FREE, to join hands at Noon at the Brinley Avenue Beach to say no to offshore drilling and yes to clean energy. The Sierra Club and Jersey Shore Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation hold this annual event to save our marine wildlife including whales and dolphins. Afterwards at 1 pm unwind with a FREE beach yoga session. Bring your family and friends. CLICK HERE for details.
– Spring Lake Irish Festival is Saturday, 423 Warren Ave, Noon – 4 pm. FREE and fun for the whole family. CLICK HERE for details.
– The 25th Annual Chili and Salsa Cook Off in downtown Toms River. Sample creations in different categories from at least 50 entrants competing to be the People’s Choice. Tasting kits will be for sale throughout the event. CLICK HERE for details. Entertainment, rides, and more Saturday, 11 am – 5 pm on Washington Street.
– Bayhead 5K Memory Run Saturday morning, starting at 8:30 am at the Bay Head Firehouse, to support the Kate Shea Foundation for cancer research.CLICK HERE for details. After party at Martel’s Tiki Bar in Point Pleasant Beach.
– Take a look at how baseball started back in the 1800s Saturday. A tournament in the Historic Village at Allaire features the Howell Works Bog-Iron Boys, the Hoboken Nine and the Elizabeth Resolutes. CLICK HERE for details.
– Ocean Fun Days feature family fun activities about the environment. Saturday at Island Beach State Park and Sunday in Sandy Hook. The NJ Sea Grant Consortium event includes fishing clinics, touch tanks, coastal crafts, tours and more. Parking and admission are FREE. CLICK HERE for details. Hours for both days are 11 am – 3 pm.
– Charity Softball Game at the home of the Lakewood Blue Claws in Lakewood this Sunday, 10 am – 4 pm, will benefit the Clifton Avenue PTO. The Lakewood Police PBA take on the Lakewood Teachers Association.
– Pirate Treasure Hunt is Sunday, 9 am – 11 am, at the 8th Ave. beach playground. Belmar. FREE. For all young pirates. A prize will be given for best dressed pirate. For more info, CLICK HERE.
– Annual Keansburg Memorial Day Parade, Sunday, featuring pets from the Monmouth County SPCA. CLICK HERE for details. Begins at 1 pm at New Point Comfort Fire Co #1, ends at American Legion Post 273, entertainment, burgers and hot dogs while they last.
– Spring Festival is Sunday at the Historic Village of Allaire. This is an early 19th century celebration. Flower contest, auction at 2 pm, hearth-cooking, traditional children’s games, puppet shows, and much more, Noon – 4 pm. FREE. For details, CLICK HERE.