Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
There are some fabulous things going on for you and your family this weekend!
Here are some wonderful events for the weekend of April 27-28, 2013:
– Touch a Truck at Wall Municiapl Complex on Allaire Road Saturday, 10 am – 3pm. Featuring all different kinds of vehicles including police cars, ambulances, fire trucks, dump trucks, bull dozers, cranes, tanks, classic cars, and even a helicopter! Kids will be able to sit behind the steering wheels, take pictures, and explore everything about the trucks. FREE!
– Clean Ocean Actions’ Beach Sweeps Saturday in Seaside Park. Volunteers are asked to gather at Second Ave. for the litter patrols. Or you can meet at the marina lawn to plant dune grass and paint boardwalk benches. Bring work gloves, and a small shovel or stick for planting.
– Tween and Teen Improv Night tonight Friday night (April 26th) at the Algonquin Arts Theatre on Main Street in Manasquan at 7 pm. The teaching artist will customize an improv class based on issues appropriate to the class. Students get to explore things like peer pressure, pros & cons of labels, making choices, bullying, and character development. It’s improv fun that creates a positive influence in good company.
– Spring Arts & Craft Festival, Squan Plana in Manasquan, Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm. A great day of festival family fun! Come stroll around, shop at all the tents, and eat!
– Make and Take Birdhouse Workshop at Ocean Township Library Saturday, 9:30 – 10:30 am or 11 am – Noon. For kids ages 7 – 10. Create a backyard habitat for the birds. Team up with your child to construct a birdhouse for your backyard. All materials provided. Please register at the library. FREE!
– Belmar ArtWalk on Main Street Sunday, 11 am – 6pm. Dancing demonstrations, an author signing, music and more. FREE!
– The Monmouth County SPCA announces some fun events planned for you and your kids to celebrate its first anniversary this weekend at their Freehold Raceway Mall location. The Monmouth County SPCA’s Homeward Bound Adoption Center, located on the lower level next to Sears, has some great events taking place this weeked: On Saturday, 11 am – 1 pm: Reading to the Dogs with MCSPCA Pet Therapy Dogs.1 pm – 4 pm: Face painting and balloon animals. On Sunday, Noon – 1 pm: Reading to the Dogs with MCSPCA Pet Therapy Dogs,1 pm – 4 pm: Studio Mini Sessions with Natalie Markova Photography. You can bring your pet to get a photo taken! The price is $25 for a 5×7 print, with 100% of the proceeds going to the MCSPCA. (Your pet must come in the entrance next to the SPCA and cannot be walked around the mall.) www.monmouthcountyspca.org
Click here for more events from Hulafrog.