Wegmans Recalls Several Food Products
Wegmans grocery store has been forced to recall several items after the possibility of plastic in the food was discovered.
The products include several varieties of 16 oz. refrigerated prepared soups sold at Wegmans stores, including those in Manalapan and Ocean Townships.
The recall includes the following batches/UPC codes:
- Wegmans Gazpacho, 16oz - UPC: 77890-27852 - Only with a Use By date of 9/2/12
- Wegmans Soup, Chicken & Dumpling, 16oz - UPC: 77890-23603 - Only with a Use By date of 8/24/12
- Wegmans Soup, Italian Style Wedding with Meatballs, 16oz - UPC: 77890-27858 - Only with a Use By date of 9/3/12
- Wegmans Food You Feel Good About Soup, Tomato Basil with Orzo, 16oz - UPC: 77890-34572 - Only with a Use By date of 9/3/12
- Wegmans Food You Feel Good About Soup, Caribbean Black Bean, 16oz - UPC: 77890-44082 - Only with a Use By date of 9/3/12
- Wegmans Bisque, Lobster, 16oz - UPC: 77890-27861 - Only with a Use By date of 9/3/12
Blount Fine Foods issued the recall because those batches may contain pieces of transparent plastic, similar to the kind the cup is made from.
No injuries have yet been reported due to this issue.
If you have one of these products, you can return it to Wegmans for a full refund.