Where to Go Sledding in Monmouth County and Ocean County
The nor’easter should drop at least a few inches of snow throughout our area, and while it will be a big inconvenience for many…let’s focus on the positive. Like playing in it!
Grab the garbage can lids, inner tubes, and snazzy snow sleds and head to these hills!
In Monmouth County:
- Atlantic Highlands Elementary School – 140 1st Ave. (off Rt. 36), Atlantic Highlands
- Wolf Hill Park – 3 Crescent Pl (off Rt. 537), Oceanport
- Cemetery Hill – (Behind Aldi on Rt. 36) – West Long Branch
- Oak Glen Park – 245 Preventorium Rd. (Across from the Library) – Howell
- Monmouth Battlefield State Park – 16 Business Rt. 33 (West of Wemrock Rd.) – Manalapan
- Cheesequake State Park – 300 Gordon Rd.(off Rt. 689) – Matawan
- Holmdel Park – 44 Longstreet Rd.(off Roberts Rd.) – Holmdel
Ocean County is less lucky in the sledding department…but still has a couple places to check out:
- Washington St. near the Toms River Country Club, Toms River
- Ocean County Park (700 Ocean Ave., Lakewood)
Obviously, trespassing is a no-no and if you are asked to leave somewhere, don’t be a jerk. Sled at your own risk!