Why Are Bananas So Awesome?
Compelling reasons to eat at least one banana a day!
– Long lasting energy! Research shows that two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout, making it the number one fruit among the world’s leading athletes.
– Many of those who suffer from depression feel much better after eating a banana, since they contain tryptophan…which the body converts into serotonin to make you relax, improve your mood and help you feel happier. Added bonus: Bananas contain the vitamin B6 which regulates your blood sugar levels…which also can affect your mood.
– Keep your blood pressure in check with a banana, because they are extrememly high in potassium yet low in salt! And low blood pressure reduces the risk of stroke.
– Bananas can assist your kids in learning and test-taking by keeping them more alert. Send a banana with your child for their snack or to eat with lunch to boost their brain power.
– One of the fastest ways to cure a hangover is to make a banana milkshake sweetened with honey. This will calm your stomach and build up blood sugar levels while rehydrating your system.
– Skip the Tums and eat a banana as a natural antacid to get rid of your heartburn.
– Moms-to-be: snacking on bananas between meals will help you avoid morning sickness.
– Rub the inside of a banana skin on your mosquito bites to help reduce swelling and irritation.
– Calm your nerves and keep your weight in check with a banana if you’re at work. It’ll keep the pressure of your job at bay and fill you up without having to reach for other comfort foods like chocolate or chips. It’s a great idea to reach for a banana before you get so hungry that you start craving bad choices…it’s important to keep your blood sugar levels even by snacking on hi-carb foods every two hours. Bananas fit the bill.
– Many cultures see bananas as a ‘cooling’ fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of women and expectant mothers.
– When you compare a banana to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbs, THREE TIMES the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and two times as much as all of the other vitamins and minerals. It is also one of the best value foods around!