Comfort Food Time! Best Soup at the Jersey Shore
The other day it was 22 degrees and the "feels like temp" was 14 degrees, so I guess you could say we are entering "comfort food" season. Those foods keep us warm in winter and have an emotional effect on us during the darker winter months. Often we find ourselves having fond memories of our favorite "comfort foods". Whether it was Mom making a pot roast dinner or my Wife's new apple sauce pie, these foods are something we look forward to as the temp goes down.
One comfort food I think many will agree on is simply "soup". A delicious hot bowl of soup on a cold winter day can make things seems that much better. The question in this article is where to get the best "soup" here at the Jersey Shore. We turn to Trip Advisor for their breakdown of the best soup at the Shore.
The good news for us is that in the Top 20 places, there are several from right here in Ocean and Monmouth County, with Long Beach Island having several of the best spots, including the number one selection for "best soup".
20. Panera Bread - Shrewsbury
19. The Crab Trap - Somers Point
18. Original Soupman - Atlantic City
17. Tom Bailey's West - Sea Girt
16. the Beanery - Point Pleasant Beach
15. Chowda Hut - Long Beach Island
14. Smitty's Clam Bar - Somers Point
13. PhoTastic - Brick
12. Oxtail Pho and Banh Mi - Galloway
11. The Crab's Claw Inn - Lavallette
10. Navesink Fishery - Atlantic Highlands
9. Pho 9 Vietnamese Kitchen - Northfield
8. Pho Cali - Egg Harbor Township
7. The Eat Well - North Cape May
6. Spikes Fish Market - Point Pleasant Beach
5. Ship Bottom Shellfish - Long Beach Island
4. Pho Life - Mays Landing
3. Cape May Fish Market - Cape May
2. EastWind - Atlantic City
The Number one selection is in Southern Ocean County.
1. Country Kettle Chowda - Long Beach Island
So there you go the "best soup" for the comfort food cravings you may encounter here at the Jersey Shore.
What Are the Signature Drinks From Every State?