Marlboro Police increase patrols at synagogues in response to PA attack
Marlboro Police announce that they've increased visible patrols at all of the Jewish related houses of worship within the township in response to the shooting event that took place this morning in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at the Tree of Life Congregation synagogue.
There are 11 people reported dead from this mornings incident in which the suspect is alive.
Citizens are reminded to be vigilant in reporting suspicious behavior to the police or law enforcement.
Marlboro Police ask residents to use their Citizen Reporting Initiative which is designed to empower citizens to report Dangerous Situations utilizing telephone, cell phone and internet websites.
As part of the Citizen Reporting Initiative, all citizens are encouraged to report information to law enforcement so that it may be investigated.
There was a hate crime incident investigated by Marlboro Police earlier this fall where Anti-Semitic graffiti was spray-painted near the Marlboro Jewish Center.
Here are listed resource numbers and websites that citizens can utilize to report dangerous situations:
- (732) 536-0100 Marlboro Township Police
- 9-1-1 Public Safety Emergency line
- (888) 536-1010 Marlboro Township Tip Line
- (732) 431-7020 Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Homeland Security Office
- (732) 431-6400 Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office
- (877) 624-8082 New Jersey State Police (Schools)
- (866) 472-3365 New Jersey State Police (Crimes)
Stay with us as this story develops on our website.
More From The Jersey Shore: