Celebrate Halloween with Spooky Events in Monmouth County
Based on how much fear your kids are capable of handling, here are some of our area’s most popular ghost tours and haunted houses.
Sure you could travel far and wide for some crazy, scary stuff this Halloween season, but here are a few local attractions:
1. Haunted Theatre at Brookdale: Tours of two types — family friendly and the extra spooky “Come at Your Own Risk”. This is the 10th year for this haunted attraction, which adds new spooks every year. “Come at Your Own Risk” takes place Oct. 19, 20, 27 & 28 from 7 pm – 10:30 pm. The Child Friendly Tours are Oct. 20, 21, 27 & 28 from 2 pm – 4 pm.
2. Wall Township Haunted Hotel: Wall Rec has a haunted hotel and candy hunt at the Marconi Hotel at Camp Evans on October 26th from 7 pm – 9 pm. This is not too spooky, so it’s great for kids preschool through 6th grade.
…on the other hand, also at Camp Evans…
3. Base of Terror at Camp Evans: Is the old military base in Wall actually haunted? Could be! Base of Terror is an interactive Halloween attraction based on the rumors (and truths!) surrounding this retired military base. In the half-mile adventure tour around the facility, you’ll come across things like the Butcher and the Mad Scientists in the Zombie Zone, as well as the new “Junkyard of the Damned”! Open weekends throughout October for you and your kids ages 8 and up.
4. Jersey Devil Hunt: This one is right here in Shark River and is an annual tradition. The leaders will begin with a brief NJ folklore discussion and follow it up with a night walk, about a mile long. Wear comfy shoes and bring a flashlight! Parents must accompany those under 18. Held Friday, Oct. 26th, 6:30 pm – 8 pm at Shark River Park. This is good for elementary school students and tweens.
5. Halloween Safe House & Haunted House: Wear your costumes to the Wall Community First Aid Squad’s 7th annual Halloween Safe House & Haunted House. A ton of family fun with ambulance rides, pumpkin painting, games, food, crafts, and treats. Plus, their popular Haunted House walk through with new surprises lurking around the corners. Thursday, Oct. 25th, 5 pm – 9 pm.