Favorite Local Sweet Shoppes
If you're looking for ideas on where to get some wonderful Valentine's sweet gifts, check out this list:
Hulafrog is out with a list of its Top Ten Sweetest Destinations. See if your favorite made the list:
1. Sweet in Belmar: Homemade chocolates, brownies, cookies and more. 702 10th Ave.
2. Jean Louise Candies, Spring Lake: Chocolate covered strawberries, V-day themed sugar candy, heart shaped lollipops, and more. 1205 Third Ave.
3. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Long Branch: Peanut butter buckets filled with large chocolate covered peanut butter hearts, their signature candied apples covered with coconut or M&M's and more. Pier Village, 56 Centenial Drive.
4. Jenkinson's Sweet Shop, Point Pleasant Beach: Salt water taffy, homemade fudge, and more. 300 Ocean Ave.
5. Third Avenue Chocolate, Manasquan and Spring Lake: Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter chocolate, and so many more. Along with anything gummie, chocolate covered or plain. 97 Main Street in Manasquan, 1118 Third Avenue in Spring Lake.
6. Sugarush, Red Bank: Decorate your own cupcakes with all kinds of toppings at the cupcake bar, and check out the candy selection. 37 East Front Street.
7. It's Sugar, Tinton Falls: Candy by the pound as well as regular and king sizes, chocolates, gummys, even sugar free goodies and throwbacks from yesteryears. At the Premium Outlets.
8. Caramel Shop, Ocean Township: Gourmet chocolate including fudge, chocolate covered pretzels and strawberries, turtles, truffles, as well as taffy, lollipops, and more. 1215 Rt. 35.
9. Chocolate Carousel, Wall: Cakes, pastries, chocolate, candied apples, chocolate covered strawberries, and stuffed cupcakes. Also Valentine's Day gift baskets and red wine chocolate cupcakes. 2510 Belmar Blvd.
10. Sea View Sweets, Ocean Grove: Salt water taffy, candy apples, boardwalk fudge, handmade ice cream and handmade chocolates. Nostalgic candy, gummi items and licorice. 56 Main Street. Online shopping offered, too, www.seaviewsweets.com.