American Dream Meadowlands Has Target Opening Set
It's been an eyesore for so many years, I've lost track. However, it seems American Dream Meadowlands has a tentative launch date.
The five billion dollar project is slated to be open to the public in March of 2019. Now, a lot can change between now and then. Especially when you factor in all of the attractions they are boasting on this 91-acre property. Here are just some of them.
- North America's largest indoor water park designed by DreamWorks, the company behind "Shrek," "Kung Fu Panda" and "How To Train Your Dragon."
- KidZania, a miniature city run by kids 4 to 14 years old with its own currency. Companies like Honda, Sony, Kellogg's, Coca-Cola and others have sponsored businesses and landmarks in the attraction.
- The Launched Euro-Fighter roller coaster will have the world's steepest roller coaster drop. The Spinner Coaster will be the world's tallest and longest free-spinning roller coaster in the world. The latter's cars will rotate vertically as they move along the track.
- The first Sea Life aquarium in New Jersey. It will feature a tropical ocean tank with a walk-through underwater tunnel.
- A 22,000-square-foot arcade and bowling alley for adults. It will feature live bands and a selection of craft beers.
- An aquarium with an underwater tunnel and a LEGOLAND discovery center. The aquarium will feature seahorses, sharks, rays and a tropical ocean tanks. LEGOLAND will feature a 4-D cinema, a Lego brick pool, and rides. Kids can also take Lego building classes.
- A 12-story indoor ski park with an 800-foot-long hill.
- A 300-foot-tall Ferris wheel will offer a one-of-a-kind view of Manhattan.
- A 4-D, dine-in movie theater that will allow moviegoers to smell scents in the films they watch.
- 15 restaurants and 50 grab-and-go offerings in a 150,000-square-foot food court.
- The world's first Kosher food court.
- A separate retail area for luxury retailers, including Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Hermes.
How awesome does all of that sound?
The project developer and operator behind American Dream Meadowlands are the same as Mall of America in Minneapolis. If you've never been, it's incredible. One day is not enough to experience it all.
According to Patch, developers are saying this will be anything but a "mall." This will be a destination.
More from 94.3 The Point!