HBO is Free in April – Here’s How to Watch
HBO announced on Thursday that they are making over 500 hours of their content free to watch without a subscription.
It's all a part of HBO's #StayHomeBoxOffice campaign to keep people at home and entertained.
Starting April 3, you’ll be able to watch more than 500 hours of HBO content without any sort of subscription, account or payment method required. So, what's included? First, nine HBO series.
- Ballers (5 Seasons)
- Barry (2 Seasons)
- Silicon Valley (6 Seasons)
- Six Feet Under (5 Seasons)
- The Sopranos (7 Seasons)
- Succession (2 Seasons)
- True Blood (7 Seasons)
- Veep (7 Seasons)
- The Wire (5 Seasons)
Binge Veep! And The Wire, and The Sopranos again. Those would be my choices.
McMillion$ is a must-watch docu-series. Here are some other documentaries that you'll have access to:
- The Apollo
- The Case Against Adnan Syed
- Elvis Presley: The Searcher
- I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth v. Michelle Carter
- The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley - so good!
- Jane Fonda in Five Acts
- True Justice: Bryan Stevenson’s Fight for Equality
- United Skates
- We Are the Dream: The Kids of the MLK Oakland Oratorical Fest
There's a really decent lineup of flicks to watch too.
- Arthur 2: On the Rocks
- Blinded By the Light
- The Bridges of Madison County
- Crazy, Stupid, Love
- Empire of the Sun
- Forget Paris
- Happy Feet Two
- Isn’t It Romantic?
- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
- Midnight Special
- My Dog Skip
- Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase
- Pokémon Detective Pikachu
- Red Riding Hood
- Sucker Punch
To take advantage of free HBO, you need the app for either HBO Go or HBO Now. You can also go to the HBO Go or HBO Now website to watch.
Here's the thing, HBO is saying how long this free offer is valid, so I would start digging in now.