Jersey Shore Beach Photo Contest
Go through your phone and pull up the best picture you have taken of the beach/ocean/bay/river/dunessurf, etc. -- whatever your favorite representation of the Jersey Shore is!
It's time for the annual NJ Sea Grant Jersey Shore Photo Contest!
This year's theme: Natural Elements of New Jersey Beaches...so choose your photo accordingly.
Each year the NJ Sea Grant Consortium holds this contest and the winners get really awesome bragging rights with their photos featured on a calendar for all to see!
So if you have a great shot that celebrates and embraces the natural elements of our beautiful coastline, submit the image to NJSGC’s revamped Favorite Beaches of the Jersey Shore photo contest! The top twelve photos will be used to create New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium’s annual desktop calendar for 2021!
New Jersey Sea Grant’ Consortium's graphic design team will select 24 photos from all entries received up until Monday, June 1st (5 pm EST). Those finalists will then be posted on the NJSGC website where visitors can vote for their favorite throughout the month leading up to the July Fourth holiday.
Winners will be announced prior to the July Fourth holiday. These images will be used to create the 2021 NJSGC downloadable desktop calendar which will also feature useful coastal facts and information to help locals and visitors learn more about and appreciate the Jersey Shore.
CLICK HERE to see last year's winners.
For continued updates, CLICK HERE.
Good luck, and here are the rules:
- Only one (1) photo submission per person.
- Entries should be submitted as an attachment via email to NJSGC’s Communications Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email entry should include: Name, email, photo location, and image title.
- Stick to the contest theme: Natural Elements of New Jersey Beaches. They welcome both traditional and innovative approaches to this subject, but please no family portraits.
- Photo files must be .JPG or .PNG format and a minimum of 300 DPI saved at a quality setting of “10” or higher and 8 ½” for the longest side.
- Images should be horizontal (landscape).
- Entries will be accepted until 5 pm (EST) on June 1st, 2020.
- Submit only your own original work.
- Photos should be appropriate for a general audience. Explicit content is expressly prohibited.
- Post-processing and digital manipulation is not allowed, but minor adjustments to contrast, filtration, subtle burning, and dodging are acceptable.
- All entries become the property of NJSGC and may be used by the organization for other educational or marketing materials (the twelve finalists will receive an additional waiver for signature prior to publication of the calendar).
- By submitting your photo to this contest, you grant NJSGC permission to publicly display, reproduce, and use the photographs in all manner and media for any and all purposes, including related promotional purposes, in perpetuity. You also warrant that the photo is your original work and does not violate the copyright or any other personal or property right of any third party, and that you may be required to and can obtain any and all releases and permissions necessary for its use in the production of our calendar, including releases for any recognizable faces, unless they are incidental to a larger scene (e.g., a group of sunbathers on the beach).