NJ National Guard Flyover Map and Schedule
The New Jersey Air National Guard is honoring our COVID-19 frontline heroes with a flyover on Tuesday, May 12. It's part of the national 'Air Force Salutes' event.
Look for the 177th Fighter Wing with three F-16 Fighting Falcons and the 108th Wing's KC-135R Stratotanker to take flight.
The flyover will cover much of the Jersey Shore and is designed to be visible to "testing sites, state veterans homes, hospitals, and mortuary affairs," according to the 177th Fighter Wing Facebook page.
The trek will begin Tuesday, May 12 at approximately 11:20 a.m. starting in the Sea Girt area. The planes will then head north before going west and then south and east again and ending in Atlantic City.
Here's a rough timeline:
• Sea Girt – 11:30 a.m.
• PNC Arts Center – 11:35 a.m.
• Millstone – 11:40 a.m.
• NJ Convention Center – 11:45 a.m.
• Menlo Park – 11:46 – a.m.
• Kean University – 11:48 a.m.
• University Hospital – 11:48 a.m.
• Expo Center – 11:49 a.m.
• Bern County College/Paramus – 11:51 a.m.
• Vets Haven North – 12:01 p.m.
• New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs – 12:07 p.m.
• Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital – 12:13 p.m.
• U.S. Coast Guard Training Center – 12:27
• Atlantic City Convention Center – 12:32 p.m.
Times may vary by up to 15 minutes due to flying conditions. If the weather is not cooperative, the flyover will happen on Wednesday, May 13.
Brig. Gen. Jemal Beale, Commander of the New Jersey National Guard and Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs said on Facebook:
Never underestimate the value of a morale boost when in combat. I want to thank the NJ Air Guard for its patriotic gesture and flyover in support of our first responder cohorts as we continue to battle COVID-19. Jersey Strong!