Seaside Park Beach 2020 Reopening Plan
As Memorial Day weekend approaches and the Jersey Shore gets ready for the unofficial start of summer, beach towns are rolling out their plans to reopen.
In Seaside Park, Phase I begins May 18 and runs through June 28. Here are the guidelines the Borough of Seaside Park has setup.
- Beginning May 18th, the Beach Control building on the boardwalk between N and O streets will be open for in-person purchases (Beach Badges AND Boat Ramp Passes) and badge pick up. This location will be staffed and is set up with proper precautions to ensure the safety of the staff and members of the public.
- NO CASH will be accepted for the 2020 Summer Season. Checks and Credit Card will only be accepted.
- Beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 23, beach badges will be required for entry to the beach AND boat ramp passes will be required for 14th Ave boat ramp WEEKENDS ONLY UNTIL JUNE 30th. Social distancing will be required and strictly enforced in conjunction with Seaside Park Beach Control and Seaside Park Police Department.
- Beach badges will only be required on the weekends until June 29th at which time the beaches will go “full time."
- ALL beach badge sales will be conducted at the Beach Control building on the boardwalk between N and O streets AND outside the Seaside Park Police Station between 6th and 7th Aves. Boat ramp passes (both daily and seasonal) can be purchased at the Beach Control building, outside the Seaside Park Police Station, and at the 14th Ave Boat Ramp location.
- Multiple free parking spots will be made available for badge sales ONLY.
- Coolers MUST NOT contain glass or alcohol.
- The number of Daily Beach Badge Sales will be monitored and limits will be made as needed. The public will be made aware via the website, reverse 911, etc.
- Beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 23, lifeguards will be on duty weekends ONLY until June 29th at which time the beach will be “full time”. Social distancing will be strongly encouraged while in the water.
- No gatherings of 10 or more people will be permitted on the beach and boardwalk for any reason.
- Public Restrooms will be available and hours will be limited in conjunction with beach operations.
- Boardwalk will be opened to the public. Social distancing is required and will be strictly enforced.
- Bayside beaches will be closed including the 5th Ave playground.
- 14th Ave Bay pier, boat ramp, and 5th Ave pier will be opened on a limited basis. Once capacity is reached, it will be closed until further notice. Social distancing is required and will be strictly enforced.