Six Flags Great Adventure Fright Fest 2015 Schedule and Guide
It's one of the busiest times of the year at Six Flags Great Adventure, and this year is expected to be bigger and scarier than ever before!
Get ready for Fright Fest!
2015's Fright Fest festivities kick off on Saturday, September 19th, with 22 Halloween-themed attractions -- including three awesome new haunts and four new shows!
You can still expect 'Thrills by Day, Fright by Night,' with family-friendly activities during the day, and the scarier action after 6 p.m.
Thrills by Day
Daytime shows include:
There's also the Trick or Treat Trail, where kids 12 and under can go trick-or-treating while meeting their favorite characters! In addition, of course, are all of the rides and coasters, as well as the Safari Off-Road Adventure! The daytime activities run from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Fright by Night
After 6 p.m., things take a turn for the scary as Fright by Night begins. (Keep in mind that Fright Fest's Fright by Night is not recommended for kids under 12, or those who scare easily.)
It starts with 200 zombies being released into the park during The Awakening, where they'll roam through five scare zones, three haunted houses, and four outdoor terror trails.
New frights this year:
There are also the nighttime shows, also known as "monstertainment," including:
- "Hypnosteria" - In this new show, comic hypnotist Denny More takes you on a journey of the mind!
- "Doc Swan's Sideshow of Oddities" - The freaks come out to perform death-defying acts that'll make you squirm!
- "Dead Man’s Party" - A love story gone horribly wrong
- "Circus of Thrills" - Midway games only for the brave!
Plus, all the thrills from some of the biggest and best rides and roller coasters in the country!
What to Know:
- Fright Fest's nighttime attractions begin throughout the park at 6 p.m., and are not recommended for kids under 12, or those who scare easily.
- Scare zones and "monstertainment" shows are included with the price of admission. Terror trails and haunted houses require an additional fee.
- Costumes are only allowed for children 12 and under. (Facepaint and masks are also only allowed for kids 12 and under.)
- No "zombie repellants" are allowed for anyone.
- Fright Fest runs on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) from September 19 - November 1. Saturdays are generally 11 a.m.-midnight, Sundays 11 a.m.-10 p.m. In October, the parks opens on Fridays from 5:30 p.m.-midnight. For specific operating hours, click HERE
- To buy tickets for Fright Fest, click HERE.
- If you want to be in on the action, the final Fright Fest zombie audition and technician call is September 23rd at 6 p.m. Find out more at sixflagsjobs.com.