There’s now an easier way to get Ocean County Health and Covid updates!
There's an app for that!
If you've been hoping for an easier way to ask health related questions, search for answers and get vaccine updates in Ocean County, that easier way has just arrived.
The Ocean County Health Department announced Tuesday the launch of their free app where you can learn about all their programs, services, special events, health resources and any other public health news and topics.
There is also a special COVID-19 feature, they announced, which includes a variety of information about testing and travel advisories to notifying you when vaccination clinic appointments become available.
“The Ocean County Health Department has really been looking forward to providing this new free service for all its residents – especially during the pandemic,” Dan Regenye, OCHD Public Health Coordinator/Health Officer, said in a statement. “It’s a great resource for people to have on their smartphone or mobile device to keep them informed and safe – and it’s extremely user friendly.”
“Technology now is allowing us to be proactive by disseminating critical information more timely and consistently,” Brian Lippai, OCHD Public Information Officer said in a statement. “The timing is right too as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and our residents are craving information about all the latest developments regarding the vaccine roll out process, when clinic appointments open up, testing and so much more.”
The OCHD has some informative features as well covering a lot of ground on their app.
- Up-to-the-minute news alerts/push notifications covering OCHD COVID-19 services and data sets, emergency preparedness and Health Alert Network reports, media advisories and press releases covering a wide range of public health topics.
- Users can sign up for alerts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and access links from the CDC and NJ Department of Health (NJDOH). These links offer guidance documents for local businesses, schools, faith-based communities, health care providers and other disease control resources.
- The app even contains a Wellness Check to help determine if an individual has symptoms of COVID-19.
- The main menu section of the app highlights trending articles under Health Topics.
- Users will find helpful resources under Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and the Infectious /Communicable Disease Unit.
- Quick click any OCHD department under the Services and Program feature and find everything you’ll need to know about the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention programs, Health Clinic services and Environmental programs. For animal lovers, adorable cats and dogs are showcased from the two Ocean County Animal Facilities.
“The mobile app is free and has so much valuable information for people of all ages.” Lippai said. Just download from the Google Play/Android and Apple app stores and simply connect yourself to the world of Ocean County public health.”
Download the Ocean County Health Department mobile app free of charge onto your smartphone or tablet: https://apps.myocv.com/share/a50608754
And while you're in the app store....download our app too!