Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
It’s still warm, gorgeous weather to take advantage of some wonderful things that are happening around our area Friday through Sunday, September 13 – 15, 2013:
– Belmar Pro Surf: You don’t have to be a surfer to appreciate watching them! Check out the surf pros this weekend. Grab your camera, blanket and beach chair and head down to the beach (beautiful weather is expected this weekend, too!!!) at 16th Ave. Friday through Sunday from 8 am – 8 pm. FREE!
– Art in the Park and Fall Crafters’ Market: Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm. Enjoy a day of fine art and craftsmanship at Allaire Village on Rt. 524 in Farmingdale.While you peruse the craft market, local artists will be demonstrating and displaying their works, and kids can take part in arts and crafts projects including coloring and marble art! Winners of the kids’ entries in the art contest will be announced at 3 pm in front of the General Store (you can still get your child’s art piece entry into the office by Friday at 3 pm…call 732-919-3500). Admission: $2 per adult, kids under 12 are free.
– Irish Festival at the Jersey Shore: Sea Girt National Guard Armory, Saturday, 9 am – 10 pm. Music, exhibits, vendors selling fine Irish jewelry, gifts, clothing, and other unique goods. corned beef, fish & chips, pints of beer, and kids’ rides and activities. Fee: $10.
– Summer’s End Beach Picnic: Main Beach in Manasquan, Saturday, 2 pm – 7 pm. Bring your picnic foods and Squan Rec will supply the grills for you to cook ‘em! Live entertainment and s’mores ingredients provided! Best of all, lifeguards will be on duty so that your kids can swim one more time!!! FREE!
– Rainbow Loom Party. Let your kids learn to make those fabulous, colorful rubber bracelets that everyone’s wearing on Saturday from Noon - 2 pm at Quinderella’s Toys on Main St. in Manasquan. The kids will love meeting new friends, swapping rubber bands, designing bracelets, and sharing tips. And get your loom personalized while you’re there!
– Jersey Shore University Medical Center Community Day and 5K Run/Walk: Sunday, 7:30 am – 2 pm, and JSUMC on Rt. 33 in Neptune. Lou Russo will be there from 9 am – Noon! Free kids’ races and family activities including moon bounces, trackless train, free food and more. FREE!
– Create a Vase: Barlow’s Flower Farm, Sea Girt, Sunday, 11 am – Noon. Your children will learn to make a colorful “Candy is Dandy’ flower vase from a mason jar and candy sticks, then learn how to arrange a bouquet of wildflowers with Barlow’s creative floral designer. To reserve a spot for your child (5 and up), email Kristi at KMeehan@barlowflowerfarm.com. Fee is $18.
For information on other great events in our area, click here!
(Photo courtesy of Seemann, morguefile)