8 Things You Need to Know About Our Parks Reopening
We know that the STATE parks (like Allaire) are reopening. But here are details about the COUNTY parks that you may not be aware of, as well as your TOWN parks.
Sheriff Shaun Golden wants you to know these very important details involving the Monmouth County Parks:
1. Monmouth COUNTY parks will all reopen tomorrow (Sat., May 2nd.)
2. Municipalities (meaning each town) gets to decide if their TOWN parks are open or closed.
3. For both county and municipal parks that reopen, they must, at a minimum, do the following: Close the same areas that are closed at state parks (picnic areas, playgrounds, exercise stations and equipment, chartered watercraft services and rentals, swimming, pavilions, restrooms, and other buildings and facilities such as visitor centers, interpretive centers, and interior historical sites), limit and restrict parking, and prohibit the same activities prohibited at state parks (picnicking, organized or contact activities or sports, and gatherings.)
4. Masks are only RECOMMENDED in county and municipal; parks. The failure to wear them is NOT a violation of the law.
5. Counties and municipalities are recommended to restricting activities like team sports or gathering for active sports.
6. CLICK HERE for the details for each of the Monmouth County parks, and please adhere to the rules at each park. There is plenty of open space in our county parks, so please practice social distancing.
7. Keep in mind that Sandy Hook is a NATIONAL park and is NOT set to reopen as of this writing.
8. Additional details about our parks reopening can be found HERE.
In Sheriff Shaun Golden's words, "Use caution, not fear, to drive your decisions! And stay safe."