Another morning of delays for NJ Transit
TRENTON — For the third workday in a row, NJ Transit canceled more trains on Tuesday morning.
According to NJ Transit's Twitter accounts for each of its lines, six trains had been canceled as of 6:15 a.m. The 6:27 a.m. out of South Amboy on the North Jersey Coast Line, which had been canceled, was put back on the schedule.
- RVL train #5416, the 6:51 a.m. from Raritan, is canceled due to an operational issue. Customers were directed to train #5420, the 7:14 a.m. from Raritan.
- NJCL train #3502, the 7:04 a.m. from South Amboy, is canceled due to an operational issue; customers to train #3504, the 7:37 a.m. from South Amboy.
- NEC train #3700, the 5:01 a.m. from Jersey Avenue, is canceled due to a switch problem; customers to train #3702, the 5:26 a.m. from Jersey Ave.
- M&E train #6610, the 5:55 a.m. from Dover, is canceled due to an operational issue; customers to train #6612, the 6:09 a.m. from Dover.
- NJCL train #3500, the 6:27 a.m. from South Amboy, is canceled due to an operational issue (later put back on the schedule).
- NEC train #3811, the 4:51 a.m. from New York Penn Station, is canceled due to an operational issue; customers to train #3813, the 5:07 a.m. from NYPS.
- NJCL train #3503, the 5:51am from NYPS, is cancelled due to an operational issue; customers to train #3217, the 6:20 a.m. from NYPS.
After canceling 15 trains on Monday morning, NJ Transit canceled another 12 during Monday afternoon's commute, including five before 3:30 p.m.
On Monday morning, the agency blamed equipment sitting in two days of bitter cold for causing some of the delays.
Temperatures were around the freezing point on Monday, although there was some refreezing overnight heading towards Tuesday's commute.
Seastreak resumed some service from Atlantic Highlands on Tuesday after ice-breaking tugboats broke up an ice field as thick as 15 inches. New York Waterway canceled service from Belford on Tuesday.
How will the new Penn Station project affect your commute? Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com or via Twitter @DanAlexanderNJ and be part of our Commuter Advisory Board.
More from 94.3ThePoint: