Brick & Beachwood close public access, Southern Ocean Animal Shelter by appt only
The borough of Beachwood and Township of Brick have closed their offices and buildings to public access while the Southern Ocean County Animal Shelter is only taking phone calls for appointments.
Brick Township Municipal Offices and Buildings will remain open and staff members are available by phone and email.
Township staff will accommodate any need that requires direct interaction and is time sensitive.
Public Works services, such as sanitation and recycling collection, will continue as normal.
- If you need Police non-emergency assistance, you're asked to call 732-262-1151.
- If you need to reach an office in the Municipal Building, please call 732-262-1000.
- The Public Works Department can be reached at 732-451-4060.
- The Clerk's Office can be reached at 732-262-1001.
- The Building Department can be reached at 732-262-1030.
- The Recreation Department can be reached at 732-262-1044.
- Senior Outreach Services can be reached at 732-920-8686.
Many services can also be done online.
Brick Township Mayor John Ducey is urging all citizens to shelter at home and avoid going out unless absolutely necessary.
"Practice social distancing in an effort to slow the spread of this virus. The CDC recommends a six-foot buffer in all social settings," Ducey said. "We all have an obligation to our neighbors and loved ones to take responsible steps towards fighting and slowing the spread of COVID-19. The safety precautions we use in the coming weeks will be immeasurable in maintaining good health and protecting those most vulnerable in our families and community."
Beachwood Mayor Ron Roma and the Council held a emergency meeting on Saturday with Beachwood Emergency Management, Beachwood Emergency Services and have put their own restrictions in place.
- Borough Public Buildings will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Regular services such as garbage, recycling and water will operate as normal.
- For Police, Fire and medical emergencies call 911.
Information concerning zoning and building permits and any licensing questions can be obtained by calling Borough Hall (732) 286-6000 or by visiting www.beachwoodusa.com.
The Ocean County Health Department has announced that beginning Monday, the Southern Ocean County Animal Facility in Manahawkin will conduct all business by appointment only until further notice.
You're asked to call the facility at 609-978-0127 to set up an appointment for adoptions, reclaims, surrenders, rabies clinics and other shelter-related business. Walk-in’s will not be permitted.
The Northern Ocean County Animal Facility in Jackson is closed for renovations and will not open until further notice.
For more information in regards to safe distancing and other COVID-19-related guidance and information, please visit our website at www.ochd.org.
The OCHD has also set up a COVID-19 Information Call Line number for residents and clinicians questions regarding the coronavirus.
The number is 732-341-9700 extension 7411.
Call the NJDOH hotline available around the clock for questions at 1-800-222-1222.
More Jersey Shore News: