CVS Set To Hire 15,000 Employees for Flu Season and COVID-19 Increases
This year's cold and flu season will be difficult and challenging with the additional risks, concerns and worries amidst the ongoing and lingering concerns of the coronavirus pandemic.
Cold and Flu season typically starts in October and can last until April or May. The numbers from those suffering from the flu and COVID-19 are expected to increase during the upcoming winter months.
CVS is looking to hire 10,000 full and part-time licensed pharmacy technicians who will be able to administer Covid-19 tests and write prescriptions. The newly hired workers could also help out with the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine if and when it becomes available. CVS is looking to fill the positions as soon as possible. Some temporary positions can also lead to full-time status.
According to the CDC here are the best ways to avoid getting the flu which could be a minor or major setback this year.
- Getting a flu vaccine for the 2020/21 flu season will be more important than ever.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you are sick, avoid contact with others as much as possible
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often
- Avoid touching you eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect objects that may be contaminated
More From Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG